Copernica Marketing Software offers an all in one solution that lets you manage all of your relations in one application. Create your own databases and define target groups yourself using selections in Copernica. Copernica Marketing Software enables you to store every possible bit of information about your relations. All the data you gather and store can be used to set up and send relevant and targeted marketing campaigns.
For every email you send with Copernica, you’ll get a detailed overview with statistics. These results are saved per relation in your Copernica database.
In Copernica, you will be able to analyze and view :
- How often was your email opened and what links were clicked?
- How many recipients didn’t open your email and who opted out?
- What was the conversion rate of your last email?
- And much more.
In Copernica you will also be able to analyze other statistics like errors and spam reports. You can even know how your email performed in a certain time slot. Just enter the period in Copernica and you’ll get a detailed overview with all the statistics you want. With the ‘share statistics’ function just one click and you’ll be able to share the results with your colleagues or other addressees.
In Copernica you can find out your global reach. Get an overview of where most of your emails are read. Per country you can even see in which region you have the most relations. Copernica can also show you which email client (Hotmail, Gmail or another email program) is used most to open your emails which helps when testing emails.
Of you course you want to limit the number of errors and spam complaints as much as possible. But if you do receive any, these results are just as important as the number of clicks or opens. Use them to optimize your emails even further. Learn from your mistakes, automatically remove erroneous addresses from your selections and ensure better results for the next email.
Copernica email statistics and Google Analytics
Copernica gives you insight into the statistics for a certain campaign, such as clicks, impressions and errors in an email.
If you want to know more about the way the visitors behave on your website and what kind of conversions this can give you, with a few clicks, in Copernica you can add UTM codes to the hyperlinks in your email. These are special labels that you add through Google Analytics to get an even clearer overview of your results. This will allow you to get a better overview of your relations’ click behavior and to see what email campaigns lead to the highest conversion in your webstore.
Creating Your Own Databases
Collect, manage and process your relations data online in one central location using Copernica Marketing Software. You decide what information about your relations you want to store and use for marketing campaigns. From standard name and address information to click throughs in your newsletters, all the information you need is saved and accessible from any location.
Storing Data in Different Field Types
You are free to structure your database any way you like in Copernica. There are no limitations in the number of database fields you’d like to create. An overview of the different types of fields you are able to create and use within Copernica :
- Text field
- Numeric field
- Multiple choice field
- Date field
- Email field
- Large text field
- Interest field (you are able to easily add interests or preferences to the profile of your relation, this field is often used in combination with a webform or a survey)
Store more data in a multidimensional database
A multidimensional database is a database that is built up in multiple levels. With a multidimensional database you are be able to communicate in a more direct way and on a more personal level with your relations.
How does it work?
In Copernica you can easily store extra data about a profile. A profile contains information like a name and address for example. The extra data is stored in a collection. A collection contains data or ‘subprofiles’ that are connected to a profile. Purchases a relation did in a webshop for example. In this particular case a subprofile contains all information about the purchased article in a webshop, like name, purchase date and price.
This way a relation only has to be in the database once, without having to have a complicated and diffused profile. By using a multidimensional database you are able to keep a clear overview in your database. Most CRM systems and e-commerce solutions work with multidimensional databases as well, allowing you to seamlessly connect Copernica with other systems.
Define Target Groups with Selections
With Copernica’s selections, structuring your database is easier than ever. Use selections to optimize the quality of your database and easily set up targeted campaigns. Copernica processes all changes in your databases hence your selections are always up to date.
Working with Selections
All relation data you save in Copernica can be used as rules for your selections. Use them to filter relations that opted in for your newsletter for example.
Or use selections to filter on :
- Field value. Example: Set up a selection that checks if the value ‘Place of residence’ matches Mumbai. All relations located in Mumbai will then be part of your selection.
- Interest. Example: Make a selection based on all relations with an interest in Apple products.
- Date. Example: Make a selection for all contacts whose warranty is about to expire. The selection will check if the date of today is an X amount of months from the purchase date.
- Campaign result. Example : Set up a selection of all relations that clicked on a certain hyperlink in your last email. This way, you can easily send your relations a follow up email.
- Contact history. Example : Select all relations you didn’t have contact with between date X and date Y.
- Contents of another (mini) selection. Example : Set up a selection that uses the content of another selection you made earlier. This is a handy way to select all contacts you haven’t had contact with for more than six months and are interested in products from Apple for example.
Always Relevant because of Dynamic Selections
Because of the dynamic nature of selections within Copernica, they will always be updated automatically. Just set up a selection once, and after that the selection will always contain the right information. If a change has an influence on a selection, Copernica will always process this change in your selection. So if someone opts out for your email for example, this person will immediately disappear from your selection. This way, not only your selections, but also your campaigns will always be relevant and up to date.
Combination of Selections
With Copernica you can easily combine different selections and selection rules. You can do so by setting up AND and OR conditions.
- With an AND condition, a selection has to apply to all selected rules. For example: a relation has to be in your database as an existing client AND live in India.
- With an OR condition, a selection only has to apply to at least one rule.
Manage Your Relations Automatically
Within Copernica you are able to regulate what happens with opt-outs, error messages or new opt-ins. Copernica will be able to process all this information automatically, so you won’t have to. Save time while you keep a clean database!
In Copernica you can enrich your profiles in the following ways :
- Automatically : Connect changes in your database to a follow up action, by using the follow up manager. Let Copernica send your relation an email the day after he buys a certain product for instance.
- With web forms and surveys connected to your database : one of the best known ways of profile enrichment. Use them to collect information you were missing in your database.
- Through email campaigns : you will also be able to save the results of an email campaign in your Copernica database.
Profile enrichment through your external application
Are you also using another software system besides Copernica to manage relation data? No problem, combine the information stored in one software system to enrich your profiles in Copernica. How to do so?
- Export your relation data from your external application to a secure location, an FTP server for example. In Copernica you will be able to set certain times that Copernica should import this data. Use this feature to keep your relation data up to date at any time of the day or week.
- Use one of the many integrations. Copernica has generic integrations for Magento, Drupal and Exact and many, many more.
- By using Copernica’s SOAP API. By connecting both systems through the SOAP API, the data exchange will happen fully automatically.
Import And Export Data
If you are already using an external CRM system or another solution to store all your relation data, with the different Copernica integrations or our SOAP API you will be able to easily import data from the current system to Copernica. You can even show a co-worker which of your relations clicked on a certain link in the last email. To do so just export the desired data from Copernica to a synoptic file for further analysis.
Importing your data to Copernica
When you import relation data, Copernica will automatically and immediately fill in the right data in the corresponding database fields.
Let the software import the data for you automatically. You can set this to be done on a weekly, monthly or even annually basis. Just let the software know if the data has to be imported from your own computer or from an online location (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP or FTPS), and let Copernica do the rest. From Excel files to tab separated text documents, Copernica is able to import all standard file formats.
Exporting your data from the software
Just like importing data, exporting can be done in just a few easy steps. Assign the fields you want to export, select a destination and you’re ready to start exporting.
Just like importing data you can repeat the export on certain set times. Just plan in the frequency you would like to receive campaign results and Copernica will send them directly to your inbox.
Exchanging data automatically with SOAP API
With Copernica’s SOAP API, you are able to exchange data automatically between Copernica and your own CMS, CRM system or web shop platform. Copernica has a powerful SOAP API that allows you to use all Copernica features from your own external system. Including importing and exporting data.
With the SOAP API you can synchronize all data between Copernica and your external application(s). This will save you the trouble of manually importing all your data into Copernica and vice versa.
Copernica’s SOAP API uses the SOAP standard. This means you’ll be able to integrate the API in development environments as Java Netbeans and Microsoft Visual Studio. By using the SOAP standard, programmers will quickly be able to start working with Copernica. Also, the API can be invoked from every standard programming language and development environment.
Full control with Copernica’s object model
Copernica’s API uses a logical and structured object model. All data in the software is represented by objects. Read the properties of these objects with SOAP API and then update them. The methods can also be invoked. Every project is built up from smaller sub-objects. An object that represents a database for example, has a method that requests all documents that were created based on this template.
Use Copernica functionalities in the application
The power of API is that all functionalities that can be executed in Copernica’s user interface, can also be used in another application if you use the SOAP API. Use the API to build up databases for instance, or to create relation profiles, to create templates or to produce email documents.
Renewed callback system
By synchronizing data between Copernica and an external location, you don’t have to keep importing data manually from Copernica and vice versa. Both systems do this fully automatically. In Copernica, easily set up callback URLs. Copernica will use this to keep the application informed about all changes in the database or relation profiles.